Join Colours Today...Click Below
PGCPS Students Ages 10 - 17
Book Colours for your community, school, business, or event ASAP.
The county Colours Program, while performing during the summer, will welcome new performers August 2017.
E-Mail to Join
The 2017 Colours Summer Performing Arts Program
June 26th - July 21st, 2017
8:00 a.m. -2:30 p.m. / Monday - Friday (No after-care available)
Students must have their own transportation.
This summer the Colours Summer Program returns to a new home at Martin Luther King Jr. Middle School in Beltsville, MD. This year's program is made possible by the STARS Foundation.
The summer program is a production based program that includes daily and intensive classes in:
Dance & Movement
Acting for the Stage
Vocal Ensemble Performance
Integrating Technology and Writing
Students enrolled in PGCPS are eligible for this challenging program. Students should be:
1. Entering 4th - 11th grade in PGCPS for the fall 2017 / 2018 school year
2. Must have an active PGCPS email and able to access their Google classroom
3. Have a positive and engaging attitude toward learning and working as a team
4. Attend the entire summer program (Absences will result in possible removal.)
5. Be prepared to work, sweat, and excel in all areas
6. Perform July 20th in the evening production
To request an application please email ASAP. SPACE IS LIMITED.
Required Family Meeting: June 1st, 2017 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. @ MLK JR. MS (MP Room)
1. Complete all required paperwork (release forms, contract, medical profile, emergency contact)
2. Meet directors and interns
3. Meet other families and possibly establish carpools
4. Review rules and expectations for students and families.
Process for registering:
1. Request registration form
2. Using your child's PGCPS email log into Google classroom and input code to join the class.
(on registration form)
3. Scan and submit the registration form and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Attend June 1st REQUIRED FAMILY MEETING NIGHT & Complete all paperwork
5. Begin program June 26th, 2017
6. No program: July 3rd and July 4th due to holiday.